Personal development books are an important part of my life. These books, along with my bible study and devotionals, bring clarity to a confusing world. One of my favorite books is called, “How to Live a Good Life“. This book inspires me to create and share October Sunshine Committee Ideas to help you live your best life and bring a little joy to the world.
Pin for Later
The book explores the topic of happiness and suggests that life is divided into 3 Good Life Buckets:
- Your Vitality Bucket – all about your body and mindset
- Your Connection Bucket – all about nourishing relationships
- Your Contribution Bucket – all about bringing your gifts to the world
One important point of the book is “knowledge is meaningless without action”. We may know it’s good to nourish relationships, but we must make an effort for them to grow.
I added time during my morning routine to contribute to my connection bucket. As a result, I send out cards and special gifts to friends, family, and customers. I love to create fun things and thought I’d share one with you.
Take the materials above to make a Mummy candy bar. Wrap it with the gift tags I created and you have an awesome gift to give to others. I made one tag for teachers and the other tag generic.
October Sunshine Committee Ideas
Since I run the social media for our nutrition clubs, I research special holidays to run promotions in the store. Here are just a few holidays in October I thought might be appropriate for teachers. Use the days below as a guide:
- October 1 – National Homemade Cookies Day
- October 2 – National Custodial Workers Recognition Day
- October 5 – National Do Something Nice Day
- October 8 – Clergy Appreciation Day
- October 11 – National Stop Bullying Day
- October 22 – National Mother-in-Law Day
- October 28 – National Make a Difference Day
- October 31 – Halloween
As you can see, there are a lot of great holidays in October. Grab your tag below and create your happy life!